Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 03:39 AM

Default High light plants

I’ve been trying to look for some really high light plants but I haven’t had much luck for something suitable for my vivarium.

I was wondering if anybody knows of a couple plants that can handle high amounts of light, my light is fairly bright. I want to see if I can get something dense or bushy as I feel the midground of the tank is a little open. I’m open to anything really, so long as it can handle high light. I had bought a coffee plant and an alocasia which were supposably able to handle high amounts of light, now my alocasia died off and my coffee is getting its tips burnt.

I have a FluvalSmart Plant light. I used to have it on 80% because I wanted it to be as bright as possible without making the tank too hot but I realized it eventually started burning the plants. I lowered it to about 60% to see if it starts doing better. If anything I’ll lower it more if need be.

On a side note, how do I post an image? I’d like to show the tank so you guys can recommend me something that would be best suited