Dendroboard - View Single Post - Avocado tree for a creative Viv?
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 08:18 PM

Default Re: Avocado tree for a creative Viv?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinstrome View Post
I did not know this.

This is a good point, and was something I was wondering. Even trees sold as indoor-compatible bonsai trees need a pretty good bit of light.

I suppose, theoretically, depending on the shape of the plant in question, you could solve the problem of too much light for the gecko and too little light for the tree by having the tree already pretty darn close to the ceiling of the viv, creating a canopy for the gecko. But that's mostly fantasy. There may not be enough light for the tree this way, there may still be too much light for the gecko in spots, and you'd have to have the tree like this from the start, which sounds unlikely to me.

On the other hand, a tree with not-quite-adequate light may have its growth retarded enough that it never reaches the robustness necessary to produce fruit. But that doesn't really cancel out the importance of having a healthy gecko.

It is a nice-looking tree, though.

What are the dimensions or planned dimensions of the vivarium? That may help make sense of things.

The dimensions of the viv are 18 by 18 by 36. With this new information that cresties are light sensitive, I may consider returning my Hd freshwater prime for a weaker light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk