Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 02:08 PM

Default Advice micro fauna

Hi all,
New to the forum. Its been about 15 years since I had to re-home my azureus due to a research opportunity in Alaska. I was wondering if mixing multiple species of isopods in the viv would be ok? Working on a 55 gallon project that will either be thumbnails or auratus (wont be until next year when it is well grown in). Anyways is there any issue with keeping several species of isos in a tank? Back when I used to keep I just had dwarf whites and Armadillidium vulgare. I would like to do a large mix as well as continue to culture independantly. Currently have active cultures of AV, dwarf white, dwarf purple, dairy cow, zebra, powder blue, and powder orange. Would love to have populations of all of them in the terrarium. I know some will out compete others and some will be food, especially if i end up with auratus. Are there any issues I should be aware of with a diverse mix? Thank in advance for any advice/guidance.