Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 05:11 PM

Default Last Minute Cross Country Move

Hey all,

It's been a minute since I have made a post so I think my account my have been flagged as inactive.

I accepted a job yesterday that requires me to move from Seattle to Ohio and rather quickly as the start date is the middle of July. I have a little under two weeks to figure out the best thing to do for my frogs.

I have 4 turquoise and bronze Auratus in my homemade ~50 gallon vivarium. I'll post some pictures of the frogs and tank when I get home if I'm allowed. I have a previous build thread and some images of the frogs in my post history I just can't view them for some reason.

The frogs are all in great health and I'd like to keep it that way, they get all their vitamins every week and the tank is kept at around 70 degrees and misted twice a day by hand.

My girlfriends parents are flying out one way to drive a uhaul with what little stuff we have back to Ohio.

Has anyone traveled long distances with their frogs in the tank that can chime in with some best practices or helpful hints? Is it even feasible to bring them along and keep them safe and comfortable?

If a scenario that it's not possible to keep them safe and happy on the journey I would be interested in finding them a good home locally in Washington if anyone is interested. I hope I don't have to give them up but it's better to be prepared for it.

Thanks for your help and advice.

Additionally:
-I am driving back as well in my car with a dog and my girlfriend but we're going to stop at the national parks on the way back so our journey will be substantially longer than the Uhaul.
-My car doesn't have that much space to fit the tank in and I would be somewhat worried about the tank getting too hot in the sun.
-a college at work said his pet store owning friend would take them if need be but that makes me nervous as they would most likely just be resold.
-I'll post pictures as soon as I can and feel free to ask any questions you might have.