Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 09:09 PM

Default Re: 20g High Vivarium w/ Pond Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinstrome View Post
Very pretty! How is the waterfall flowing? (I can see now that when I said it looks like a bridge, I was looking at it the wrong way. It had seemed that there was a hollow under the riverbed.)

I was wondering if there were any other beetles that work well with a planted environment, like stag / rhino / hercules beetles?

I took a class in Yucatan once, part of which involved being in a tremendously uncivilized neck of the woods --- probably no electricity in a 75 mile radius from it. It was very much a tropical wooded environment, and there were creepy-crawlies out the wazoo. Once at night, I heard what sounded like a little helicopter flying around me. The next day when I described it, one of the guides said they knew what it was, and he showed me the corpse of a 6" beetle.

I doubt 6" beetles are exactly a norm in the insect pet world, but that's just an example.
I don't have any experience with beetles, sorry. I'm sure there are some that would work. My favorite place for invertebrate information is www.arachnoboards.com