Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 04:26 AM

Default Re: 20g High Vivarium w/ Pond Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinstrome View Post
I think a stream going from one corner to the other would be attractive, if I'm understanding correctly that the pump is in that little cube-shaped recess and the pond is in the other recess in the other corner. I'm afraid I don't know enough about insect life to know if they'd be endangered by a slow-moving stream in any way. I wouldn't think so.

My general experience with waterfalls, though, is that the shorter distance the length of pipe goes and the shorter distance the stream goes, the less likely things are to fail to do what they're supposed to do.

I don't know what kind of stream you're picturing, of course. If it's running through a simple groove in the ground, it's a lot harder for it to screw up than if it's supposed to cascade gently over several different surfaces. In the latter case, some slight upset could make the water just decide not to spill over part of it.
Don't think the cockroaches will mind the slow flowing water, the pump is really small, lol even if I did the water fall from the roof down, it wouldn't be possible cause the pump couldn't bring the water that high.

I think, you're right, gonna do a stream from the corner of the pump to the corner of the pool, it will cut the land area in half, of course the it will be shallow, probably will have rocks, think I'm gonna use styrofoam as the base.