Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 10:36 PM

Default Re: Shipping issues with Petco

So after a week of back and forth with RC Hagen and Petco, I noticed something interesting. Petco completely removed the item (exo-terra glass 24x18x24) from their website. Of course they will still sell you a 36x18x36 for $500, but the one I've been trying to buy for the last month has been completely scrubbed from their website. Apparently (I heard this from the guy I've been in contact with at RC Hagen) they are planning on doing some test shipments to see why UPS ground isn't appropriate to send 60lb glass boxes through. I wish they'd just send me the money that it would cost to do this investigation, because the answer is obvious.

My refund was processed this week, so I'm washing my hands of Petco, and ordering it through LLLReptile. (still shipped out via RC Hagen, because they supply all US exo-terras). It ended up being like 30 bucks more through LLL, but they actually freight ship their fragile orders, instead of using the cheapest option available.

With any luck, I should have it in 2-3 weeks. I look forward to making my vivarium, and will be posting a build journal documenting my (probably terrible) process in the coming month. I was planning on documenting the entire process internally, then releasing the entire build once it is completely finished (well, until I have all my plants in anyway).

Thank you guys for listening to my ranting, I hope to be able to show off my work before July.