Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Chandelier Terrarium - Need Help

Hey all, thanks for your concerns.

Yes, a GFCI breaker is correct. I actually have it running through two GFCI outlets, the control panel you see has everything running to that outlet on the left and then the whole white panel is plugged into the wall via an additional GFCI outlet.

I do have all the lights siliconed in place, I've also coated all the sockets in silicone inside. The outside I've painted and then coated with an exterior commercial grade clear coat to seal the paint coat.

All internal glass to metal elements are silicone sealed as well to help prevent rust. The water has a small drain in one side, it drains down into the gold designed globe you see suspended at the bottom. Inside is a water filter for .01 microns filtration, a small water reservoir to gravity feed the pump which then recycles the water back to the misters built into the top. Fans circulate the air to keep the orchids from rotting.

Mold continues to grow and its making me nervous though I admit its adds to the effect and looks quite beautiful. We'll see if it has a negative effect on the orchids or if it dies off I suppose.