Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Classroom 20 X-high Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by miculi1975 View Post
Did you ever post on another thread the finished tank? I seem to remember stumbling across a vivarium of this description build by a husband for his wife's classroom, filled with an impressive number of orchids. Was that you, by any chance? I have been searching for that thread all morning, on here , and on facebook. But I am a member of so many dart/vivarium groups on FB that I am not sure where I saw it...
Yes, that was me, and no I did not finish this build thread...life just got in the way of finishing this thread, but the build turned out great, and the cohabitation of Azureus and French Vents in it has not been problematic at all! Only two of the orchids in it bloomed so far; the Pleurothallis alleni is in constant bloom. Neither Phragmipedium I placed in there lived long term, which as a perplexing disappointment as they should have faired well.

I really *should* finish this build thread someday, as I hit many snags along the way and had to shift/adjust my expectations. I am really happy with how it turned out overall. I have all the photos here. It's *time* that's always in short supply!