Dendroboard - View Single Post - I'd like an opinion please.
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 04:38 PM

Default Re: I'd like an opinion please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Monologue View Post
I'm glad for that. You could've just let the frogs get shipped to their death, but you didn't. A good deed rarely goes unpunished, but that shouldn't stop people from doing them anyway.

I'm still interested in knowing how this could've gotten shipped to the wrong zip code. What shipper was used? The zip code discrepancy should've been caught, and FedEx deliveries, at least, can be rerouted while they're in transit. SYR is known to have intervened successfully in misdelivery situations.

Other potential shippers can benefit from knowing these details.

Fedex was used. I didn't notice the mistake until the following morning when I checked on their progress using the shipping code. By this point, the frogs were already at main sorting center in Dallas. Fedex's answer was that only the shipper could reroute, so I contacted him. He called Fedex to reroute, but they said that because a signature was required by recipient, they could not reroute, but COULD send back to the shipper. The problem was that this occurred on a Saturday morning and shipper would not receive frogs until Monday. I figured by Monday their status might be 'no bueno' so I made the drive.

It does surprise me that Fedex allowed this package to be sent to a non-existent address. The incorrect zip code that was given was for a town called Joshua, TX., but the street address actually does not exist in Joshua, TX.

So I guess if there are some lessons to be learned:

1) Try to get shipper to text a picture of receipt immediately before sending the package so you can check the address.

2) It definitely seems like it's easier to reroute package if shipper doesn't require a signature on the receiving end.

3) Keep vehicle fully gassed up and pack a lunch in case you need to drive to Timbuktu on a rescue mission.
The Following User Says Thank You to hp192 For This Useful Post:
Socratic Monologue (05-15-2019)