Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Letting parents raise their young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip00u812 View Post
Thank you for this information. The male went into one of my bigger broms and I saw him later without the tad so I'm guessing he dropped him in there. I'll make sure to focus my misting on the broms to periodically flush the water.
I'd highly recomend to not change anything in the tank ( if you mist automaticly), there is a good reason the male chose to deposit the tadpole in this particular bromeliad. Also, if you "refresh" the water too much, there will not be all the food available for the tadpole since it might get flushed away.

I forgot to say : congrats on the tadpoles! You will never get tired of seeing your frogs with tadpoles on their back

@ Indrap : That's good information! I always assumed most ranitomeya did not take care of tadpoles. So thanks allot for sharing the names of all the Ranitomeya that are able to eggfeed!

Never the less, I will always recomend raising tadpoles by hand if you want the most (healthy) offspring. Ofcourse this does not aply for Oophaga.