Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Thread: Reviving DB
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 02:10 PM

Default Re: Reviving DB

I assure you the sky is not falling, the world is not ending.

Sure social media played a part. I'm in some facebook groups for quicker discussion about the animals I keep. But for a deeper dive into topics there's no rival to this site. At least I haven't found one. Google around on any sort of frog or vivarium topic, you'll get a huge amount of links from dendroboard and a few here or there from others. It's not even close. No one is flocking to other sites for knowledge sharing as best I can tell.

Frankly it may be a contributor to the perceived decline. Why post content on a topic that has been discussed thoroughly here already? I know I rarely have to ask questions as a quick search nearly always pulls up the answer, already given, many times over, on THIS site.

For a quick purchase of an animal? Sure let them use that snake or fauna site. Whatever. Doesn't bother me. I'll keep coming here for the knowledge that is dropped and what has already been shared historically. I question if this thread is REALLY about "decline" or just people butthurt that they have to get their post count up in order to access the marketplace.