Dendroboard - View Single Post - Where to buy giant exo-terras?
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 04-22-2019, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Where to buy giant exo-terras?

Also FYI - watch when vendors are headed to shows. You can pre-order, and then pick up at the show. Usually there's a good price break.

Here's an example, using exactly the size you mentioned:
https://www.joshsfrogs.com/show-pick...x36-57732.html

I like this option, because I can take more - enough - care in padding and handling than e.g. Amazon, Fedex, PetCo, whoever, seems to like to. I've just had too many glass items arrive damaged, and had to deal with the hassles and the lost days of returns. I'm talking arrived at my house, or arrived at my local PetCo. Either way - stuff comes broken way too often. If you go to a show a pick up your goods, you can be pretty confident of A) leaving the show with intact goods, and B) getting them home in good shape, and be ready to start building!!!.

You can also, you know, look around, talk to people, maybe pick up some more supplies or animals if you like. I don't really enjoy the shows much, but if I'm already there to do some business, I usually walk around for a half hour or so, just to kind of stay up to date on who's doing what. Sometimes you can find some neat isopods or whatever, ha ha.

Obviously you'd need to calculate your "worth it" price per viv, and figure the distance/gas, etc. I've bought several vivs at once this way a few times, to make it worth my while. Save a hundred bucks or whatever. Also, you can schedule a visit to a show city or town, to get in some other activities before picking up your goods. Hit a ball game, concert, see some family, whatever the town/city offers that you can't get back home.

Anyway - hope this is helpful. Maybe I hate dealing with broken shit and returns more than the average guy. I'm just over it, I guess. Doing it this way puts me in charge of the outcome.

cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to jgragg For This Useful Post:
MKF (04-25-2019)