Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 10:55 PM

Default Re: Mosses dying all of a sudden

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTB View Post
Yeah, The strange thing is that the ferts have been applied uniform across the tank and on the same moss growing in other spots.
That said I have stopped spraying fert on the mosses all together. I have noticed new growth showing through the dead patches so maybe I close to the tipping point for all mosses regarding the amount of ferts and I went over that point with this patch.
The deduction and education continues.

Thanks for the input everyone
Glad to hear your moss is bouncing back. I hope that it returns to its former glory.

With that said. Evenly spraying fertilizer water is not going to prevent the accumulation of salts and minerals, particularly if you are fertilizing too frequently, regardless of the fertilizer concentration. You can also run into this problem if you are using hard water to mist/water your tank. Even if you flush thoroughly, the excess salts and minerals will make their way to the false bottom, where they can accumulate to a dangerous level, unless you have the means to drain the false bottom. Just something to consider. But sounds like you are on the road to recovery.