Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 02:55 AM

Default Re: Five Lined Dumpy Family 2019

Finally an update on the updates for the animals...

So I got a new job and some changes are necessary so I can still keep everyone updated on the animals and their stories. So I think I will coordinate the update on them during one of the days I feed them. So the Five Lined Dumpy Family eats Tuesday and Thursday. This is just an announcement so next week I'll start this routine.

Episode 2 is done with filming and I'm editing a little bit but it's about to be finals week so it will probably get done after finals week. It should be faster once the summer break comes. The Dumpy Family looks very good and I got new breathtaking footage from inside the enclosure as Max leaps around the from the plants to dive-bomb prey. There are some old clips but there will be a new perspective from the Dumpy Family in this episode. I am taking my native toads to the vet and will take a stool sample from Max so we will see how she's doing. I'm really excited to put this episode together because the clips looked amazing filming them.

The Skink Dynasty is doing well. One adult Snail has survived so far and the Skinks are thriving. The Squirrel Tree Frog (Florence) has finally been able to adjust to being captive and he's eaten a few times in front of me. He's croaking a lot too. I got this and the purposed scientific discovery coming in the third episode. Pharaoh confirmed he ate fruit. I saw the strawberries were moved around and I know it was him. It's cool that a lizard who isn't supposed to eat fruit does. Even lizards have a sweet tooth! Episode 3 will have some great footage of Pharaoh and Florence being the stars. They truly make the night special and will make this upcoming video very memorable.

Florence vs Spurgeon and Jeremiah...
So there is a bit of a calling war going on in the hallway because now that Florence is comfortable he calls every night between 1-6 times a night. The Dumpy Family who is next to him do not like loud noise so they croak in protest of Florence. So then he thinks it's a competition so he calls back. He is 1/3 their size. He's such size to them but he knows he's safe so he calls. I honestly can't wait to see if one of the baby Cope's Gray Tree Frogs are a male because then they will be calling as well and it will be a noisy hallway with 3 species of frogs and 2 species of crickets. It will be a calming and welcomed noise too. I think it's funny and cool that the Skink Dynasty and Dumpy Family can communicate back and forth. It's a very fun night when they both are active and calling. I will be getting a female Squirrel Tree Frog for Florence so he's going to probably call more once she's in the Skink Dynasty. That's in August though. Maybe in episode 3 I will be able to get the Frog Calling War on video.

Are you excited to get updates for the Five Lined Dumpy Family earlier in the week?

Do you have frogs or amphibians or reptiles that communicate with each other in different setups?

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk