Dendroboard - View Single Post - Cal+, does it do it all?
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 12:04 AM

Default Re: Cal+, does it do it all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravage View Post
I was under the assumption (and I checked, so I think it's a correct assumption) that Vitamin A was important in pituitary/gonadal function- specifically Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH). Perhaps Ed will show up and set us straight, but I use it as a supplement for breeding adults. I seem to remember that deformities in the young caused by Vit A deficiency in the parents were generally not correctable by giving Vitamin A to the affected young. Here's where a highly knowledgeable keeper could help.
I use Super Cal LoD, Vit. A monthly for Adults in breeding situations, or who might be getting there, SuperPig once or twice a month (it's also in the Repashy Calciums I recently found out). And Super Vit twice a month for everybody. I have good size, great color, and pleasing songs- and that's the extent of my knowledge.
Hi Jeff,
Vit A is part of the "Plus" in Calcium Plus, so it is assumed that the frogs will be getting some Vit A without adding to it via Repashy Vitamin A Plus. What we are talking about, I think, is whether to add extra servings of Vit A (again, by adding Repashy Vitamin A Plus) and thus re-jigger the ratio of Vit A that the frogs would be receiving if we were just doing Calcium Plus. It was never suggested that the frogs should not receive ANY vitamin A.

Mark