Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 11:28 PM

Default 12x12x18 - Help me visualize

I'm having some trouble visualizing plants in such a small tank. I'm used to working in larger tanks with less delicate species of plants (for geckos) and have never done anything with smaller plants. I've never seen any of the plants I'd like to use in person before so that's making it tricky for me to "see" them, haha. This tank size is so small I'm just not sure how much I can put in it without it looking overcrowded. I have three larger plants I'd like to put in there, but maybe it'll be too much?? I'll be adding one brom and a couple vines, but I'm not so worried about those since they'll be on the background. So here's my current plan:

Alocasia 'Tiny Dancers' - back left corner
Begonia 'Kit Kat' - either center middle-ish or on the left tucked right behind that branch and kind of spilling out into the middle area of the tank
Pilea mollis - back right corner. These are bushier and less tall right?

Are these plants much bigger/taller than I'm imagining? I understand the alocasia can get to a foot tall, so it might grow out of my tank eventually. Should I maybe use a trailing plant instead of one of the three plants I'm thinking about, something a little lower growing? Any help appreciated

Picture of tank (background is much further along than in this pic at this point). From top of substrate to top of tank, there's about 12" of growing room.

Last edited by MKF; 04-15-2019 at 11:35 PM.