Dendroboard - View Single Post - Hi All, newbie starting a 36x36x18 Exo Terra viv/ paludarium
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 09:55 PM

Default Hi All, newbie starting a 36x36x18 Exo Terra viv/ paludarium

Hi Everyone,

Apologies for any inadvertent errors or posts in the wrong place, total newbie here trying to get to grips with everything.

I have a large glass Exo Terra viv that I am hoping to use as a paludarium set up for frogs and a couple of small fish/shrimp.

Currently getting everything together and trying to get an image of the final layout I want in my mind first, Im veering towards trying a totally raised false floor to ensure I can get the max amount of water volume whilst still keep the land from being soaked, a raised land would be finished above the water line and then the gap camouflaged with moss and cork bark (also gives anything falling in the water something to climb out on.

I want to hide a filter under the raised land in a way that I can still get to it for filter changes and in the event it dies and needs replacing, Id like to use the pump output to make a water fall feature, hidden pipework would be put in foam, coco, moss and cork bark background to take electrical wire and to plumb in fogged so that it fogged from the water bank side where the waterfall trickled in.

Like I say this is all just ideas at moment, I seem to get a few ideas then talk myself out of half of them, I think I need to be brave and just start it at some point and see where it takes me.

Any advice and or build photos from anyone who has already done anything similar or who has put a decent size water area in a viv would be hugely helpful, Im not above taking all the help going if it means I avoid costly or potentially dangerous (to the inhabitants) mistakes

Cheers all.