Progress: Hardscape and circulation Complete
Last few days I've worked to complete the background and the fountain area and get all the circulation parts assembled.
Final land-scape. Pond-scape to be completed when up in it's final location.
Yes, there is a missed spot in the pic above, but I got it right after:
Hardest part with the background was doing the coco fibre around the fog outlet. I can't even seem to get a good picture of it now. In the picture above it is to the right of the background cork in a 2" deep hole.
Vacuuming up the loose fibre from under the false bottom was definitely an ordeal. Tilting the tank back and onto its side and back and forth. Had to uninstall one of the bulkheads to get a straw contraption I made in to vacuum it all up. Quite the challenge since the tank is nearing 200lbs already.
Final Circulation assembly with mesh in place. 2" ABS is used here. I lucked out when both assemblies leaned up against eachother in this configuration and it holds the lid open very well. The Y from the rear will be connected to a louvre of some sort that will allow in/out fresh air. Still not 100% sure on this one yet.
Next steps are to build the frame that will support the tank and allow the install of the exterior panels that will cover the tank and equipment.