Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 09:06 PM

Default Re: Basic Exo Terra 18"x18"x24" Build Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdingemans View Post
Did you do the gorilla glue spray with water, apply fibre? am at the point where I am baking my coco fibre to dry it out and contemplating the application. I was initially going with TB3 but heard it dries super hard and needs a month to cure. Then I was going to go with silicone, but I have been hearing more about using gorilla glue which essentiallly foams up itself and gives a decent hold. Did you have anyone elses thread to reference for it?
I actually went w/ silicone (ASI Aquarium - Black) for the majority and then pressed the background mix (Coconut Fiber/Husks + Peat) into that. I'm using the Gorilla Glue to touch up any areas that were missed. Based on my very brief experience, you could probably use Gorilla Glue instead of the silicone and get a very nice result (but maybe an even bigger mess).

I don't think there was a particular thread I referenced, but I definitely looked at a lot of builds before deciding to go this route.

EDIT: Forgot to mention; if you decide to use Gorilla Glue the coco fiber doesn't need to be nearly as dry as with silicone. Water actually helps the adhesion/cure with Gorilla Glue; one of the benefits to going that route.

Last edited by ra94131; 02-06-2019 at 09:07 PM. Reason: add additional info