Originally Posted by I'mNew2Frogs!
Nice, I didn't think about replacing the screen with glass, I completely removed that screen top, put it in storage and fit a piece of glass to the viv.
I had problems though, there are two "nubs" inside of the lip in the front of the tank so the glass would not lay down flat. I took a Dremel to the plastic and made it that work but there is a slight gap in the back to allow for the cord from the temp/hydrometer, I need a good solution for that.
Hindsight, I think your way is better, the screen top has those tiny sliding bits in the back to close off the slots for cords.
I only paid $12 for "window" glass, maybe I'll have another one cut and do the same thing you did.
The Dremel is pretty necessary for my method, as well. The nubs didn't give me a problem, but to get the underside of the plastic top to sit flush on the glass I had to grind down quite a few spots. It was pretty forgiving though, since the portion being cut isn't visible on the final project. I'd probably do it the same way again, but I think either way provides a good final product if done correctly.