Quite a few updates now. Everything looks like a mess and my work area is a disaster zone; all signs that I'm making progress.
Got the holes drilled for the drain and the MistKing nozzles; the drain is installed and MistKing should arrive next week. I also got a nice layer of spray paint on the outside to hide the Matala false bottom and lower substrate layers. Took three attempts, but I'm happy with the final result.
On the inside, the Matala false bottom is "permanently" installed and the substrate divider is sealed on all sides w/ silicone. It seems to be very solid, so I'm happy with that.
I've also covered the back and portions of the sides/top with black aquarium silicone. I may end up regretting the top, but if so I'll just have to do a lot of scraping... right now I think it looks pretty good. Once all of the ghostwood/cork is installed, I'll do a lighting test and make a final decision.
I've also installed my largest piece of ghostwood (actually two pieces glued together) and I'm waiting on that to dry. Then I'll turn the enclosure onto it's back and begin installing the remaining wood on the back wall.
On a down note, the cold weather in the Midwest seems to have taken it's toll on my plant order. (There were signs that one or two actually froze and defrosted at some point during the journey...) Some of them might make it, but they're sad sight at the moment. Lucky for me though, we've got a reptile convention coming to town in a couple weeks that should give me an opportunity to pick up some new, healthier plants. (Sadly still too early for the frogs though.)
A few pictures below.
Current Status: Messy
(Possibly) Regrettable Silicone on the Top
False Bottom Well Hidden
MistKing Nozzle Hole (1 of 2)