Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 02:31 PM

Default Re: New to this and already have an S.O.S

So sorry to hear about this - absolutely heartbreaking. Try placing a small dish of water near the site. It may or may not be too late for the little frog. I don't know what the humidity is where you live but maybe there is a chance there is enough humidity for the frog to survive a short time. I've found that small froglets tend to hide most of the time so it might not come out.
About your cat - I do not think eating the tiny frog will do anything to your cat (they eat worse things), but you might want to keep the cat out of the room for a short time because the cat will see it and eat it before you have a chance to react.

For future note - I always place the deli cup in the vivarium then lift the lid. Usually the froglets will jump right out but if they don't I leave the cup in the vivarium until they decide to get out

Again, so sorry this happened but please do not allow this to discourage you. This is a wonderful hobby and very rewarding. This forum is a great place to gather info and feedback.