Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 03:19 AM

Default Re: 75G Tower Paludarium Build Log

This will be a multi-day post since not much has happened due to me being sick on Friday and Saturday and also the Toronto Reptile Expo today.

Made a trip to Home Depot last Friday and saw a few intriguing plants. Of course the Selaginella that I got, my cat peed on it the second I turned my back. Did a few quick freshwater dips to get it mostly rinsed out so hoping for the best....BTW if you can ID any of these that would be awesome (last one is the Selaginella)

I also ended up picking up the mesh to wrap the false bottom and found my bag of zip ties

After wrapping the false bottom I started working on ideas for building up the landscape for the water feature. Still need to figure out the left side but was waiting to pick up the cork pieces. There will be a collection area at the top with some sort of overhang above, which will cascade down to another collection area, then another cascade down to another collection area followed by the 1/2-1" fall to the pond area.

Speaking of cork!

A bit ticked off since I bought 3 bags of the Magnolia leaves and didn't notice the third was missing from the bag they packaged all the cork and misc that I bought from them.

Otherwise the Reptile show was great, saw a pretty cool paludarium display there, however am less than impressed with the Zoomed reptifogger and how little the output was in the small display.

Another good find was a plant source that had some really good looking air plants and broms

Also I have not concluded in regards to heating, whether I am going with something in-water, inline with the filter, or with a heat mat.

Anyway, next steps at this point are to drill the 4 holes for the bulkheads and decide on heating. If it's going to be in tank, I don't want to see it in the display area, so I would need to incorporate a channel to get a heater in and out of the back near the water inlet and outlet.
______
Andrew