Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 01-25-2019, 08:08 PM

Default Re: 75G Tower Paludarium Build Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanp1900 View Post
Awesome tank! I can't wait to see when this is done. If you are going to have running water going into the false bottom then you might need something with bigger holes like fiberglass screen. I've found that weedblock or other barriers that have tiny tiny holes and are semi-permeable take a while for water to go through. I'm using two layers of screen for my current viv. (it doesn't have a water feature) and I regret it. I should have only used one layer but I think it will be fine because just in some spots I cut the screen so water might pass through, just in case. You might think about using weedblock or something similar for the abg but switching it up for something different with the water feature.

Also I cant wait to see your selection of frogs since this tank will be so vertical. Another question: are you going to be doing a backround?
Hey Ethan, yea I ended up picking up regular fiberglass screen since I didn't want to run the risk of water not passing fast enough through the soil and into the bottom.

Background is coming soon, waiting for the bulkheads to get in, hopefully today so then I can drill and get things better visualized for the crevices, ledges and profile of the back.

In terms of frogs, I played with the idea of tree frogs, but my wife likes the size and character of the PDF's. I want to still do some branches hanging out into the tank in case I still go to a tree type frog but I have heard leucs are good climbers. My issue with the leucs is I am concerned their calling may be too loud. I've never heard it in person in a closed viv so not sure here either.

Ranitomeya Imitator or Auratus are on my wish list however. I am going to wait for the tank to be finished and cycle and have it acclimate so I can see what it's conditions will be without having to heat or cool or mist too much.

______
Andrew