Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 01-25-2019, 11:15 AM

Default Re: 75G Tower Paludarium Build Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjs5134 View Post
That material breaks down in my garden. I wouldn't use it.

Looks great so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloSK71 View Post
I would suggest caulking it down, but I am not sure on the life of that fabric submerged.

Solo
Thanks both! Yea I did some more research on it and I will probably use something else. If I don't plan on replacing the land substrate in 5 years it may break down. It is of organic composition and will degrade. I will look around today at HD or Lowes for some fine polyester based screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indrap View Post
I'm really impressed with your false bottom, it must have taken a lot of patience to curve it so smoothly like that!

I dont think it would hurt to add more silicone just in case, and maybe do a test with your liner that substrate doesnt leak through I can't imagine it'll be too bad especially when your abg is wet and more compact
I will certainly be adding some silicone. I guess my worry was not being able to get access under the false bottom for some reason. I guess that's not really something I would ever need.

______
Andrew