Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 09:25 PM

Default Re: 180 Gallon Terrarium

Hello Everyone!

Its been a while since I've updated due to traveling for the holidays. I just wanted to show everyone how much the terrarium has changed over the last few weeks. A little over three weeks ago, I added four Dendrobates tinctorius "new river" to the terrarium and shortly after left them while I traveled. Thankfully everything was happy when I returned last week and I noticed that not only were the frogs doing great, the plants had made an incredible transformation in color. Look at this little guy just chillin on the small phalaenopsis sp.

Here is a side by side comparison of the tanks in just under a month. the only thing I did was increase the humidity in the terrarium by adding an extra mist and fog cycle. Incredible!!

I also was cleaning out some debris from the system, and realized that just like certain corals, bromeliads look the best from top down. Check out these crazy colors that are coming out!

You also can't beat the contrast between the wonderful blue of the frogs against the red broms! I am also trying to answer as many of the questions as possible in a timely manner. So still bear with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Manhattan View Post
Wyofrogs,
What was that product you used for the hardscape ? Sounds very interesting for our hobby.
It was called thorite, but it might be going by a different name.