Dendroboard - View Single Post - Bulkhead, slip or threaded?
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 11-24-2018, 02:46 AM

Default Re: Bulkhead, slip or threaded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Monologue View Post
I'm sorry -- I originally read the concern about pipe dope as a contamination concern. Now that I reread it, I think I read into it more than was originally intended. I didn't intend to add crazy irrelevant talk; I actually thought that was the issue at hand, and took your comment about use on potable water systems in that context.

I come from the aquarium hobby, where the (fallacious) argument "if it is safe for people to consume, it is therefore safe to use in an aquarium" is quite common, and so I'm overly sensitized to it.

My mistake.
No problem. I as well apologize if I came off a bit abrupt. I do understand how water quality affects the aquarium industry. Chemicals, chlorine, chloramines, pH, nitrates, nitrites, etc. all affect water quality so much more in the aquatic community of the aquarium.

Chemicals also affect our beautiful glass communities, but not nearly as much as they do in the aquarium industry. We have so many more things in our favor. We have soil, and plants, and clean up critters, and we regularly flush out these systems with regular sprayings, and our frogs are not exposed as much to the bad things as are the fish who have to live in the water all the time. We all love our beautiful frogs and the wonderful tank that house them.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.