Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 01:10 PM

Default Re: 260 Gallon display viv

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Nelly22 View Post
Same. Nearly all of the plants are just small cuttings so it will be interesting to see what they do!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
The advantage of tank that size is that it is really costly to fill it up with plants from the start. You are almost forced to put plants in and wait while it grows in. In my experience, it's actually better this way because, as others have said, I like relatively few species but more of each and because the tank will look mor natural when the plants go where they want to go. You can guide them, but they like to grow a certain way. It will take longer for a tank the size yours is to grow in, but it will look fantastic when it gets there :-) It maybe that, even after growing in, the tank has a few spots where nothing has grown. Then, you can evaluate what kept plants out and maybe re-angle a nozzle or buy another plant or two that likes the environment that your other plants turned their noses up at :-)

(Please forgive the rampant teleology in this post)

Mark