Dendroboard - View Single Post - Questions about foam models as safe vivarium decorations
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 03:02 AM

Default Re: Questions about foam models as safe vivarium decorations

West is a reputable company, I know guys who use their stuff - with great satisfaction - for boats. I've never used their products. I hear 105 is super fluid, which could present challenges. Like, you need to use tape to create a lip around the edge of e.g. a flat piece of plywood, otherwise the resin just flows right off the flat plane. That sounds too runny for my taste. It can probably be amended with a thickening agent. West probably sells that, they sell LOTS of stuff (I've browsed).

I've used Polygem (zoopoxy) and Smooth-on (habitat cast n coat) products. Putty in the former, brushable in the latter. Both are outstanding. Both are 1:1 two-part formulations. I can recommend either company; each as it happens makes brushable and putty formulations. I have posted here a little about my experiences with them. No build logs, just a little sharing.

Epoxies all require a catalyst AFAIK. Maybe this is the hardener of which you speak? Whatever you wind up deciding, all I can see is RTFM and read it for comprehension. Follow instructions and you're good to go.

Good luck!