Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 10:18 PM

Default Re: Intermedius Lines

Mark, Eric and others..

It is my understanding that the imitator from Huallaga Canyon are what we call 'intermedius'. Regardless of whether they are banded, boxed, stripped, spotted etc.

If the point is to keep the 'wild type' alive in our collections, then separating 'intermedius' by who imported them in such and such year, is not serving that purpose.

'Intermedius' forms of imitator are all from Huallaga. The banded form having a specific southern locale, but all the rest of the standard 'intermedius' phenotypes we know and love can be intermixed as Huallaga imitator.

Of other imitator locales:
Cainarachi valley are separate [brought into the US from UE and INIBICO]

Tarapoto are separate [older imports and newer out of UE/INIBICO, but they are still all Tarapoto imitator, unless of course you are paranoid the old lines arent pure...]

'yurimaguensis' dont really exist. They are just a lowland form of imitator, and apparently the most common imitator in nature, despite being relatively 'new' here. Highly variable in phenotype.

Veradero are separate.

bajo huallaga are separate [see UE webpages]

I've honestly just had this conversation with Mark Pepper and I think I have it straight...but truthfully have never fully grasped it until lately.

Correct me if I'm wrong...

Sincerely,

Shawn