Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 02:15 AM
TWI/ASN

Default Re: Intermedius Lines

I haven't had the time to read through this whole post, mostly because my allergies are killing me now; but one thing to add to this is that John Uhern used to get frogs from Ruud in Europe, I think Germany. Those are the original frogs that Todd Kelley got and are in fact the same as Tarlton, etc.

Tor's line came into the country by Jared Wolfe, who used to import from Canada a long time ago, and as stated they are from the Netherlands. Jared's shipments included frogs from various sources in Europe, not just one country.

So in one respect all intermedius are imitator, but certain populations will have dominant traits that exist to give them a unique appearance. Certainly this changes over time but with a small captive population of frogs here in the US it could take a long time depending on the genes. I'm sure Brent could nerd this up with all the proper genetics jargon, but hopefully you get my point.

I keep the following and for the most part I can tell which line the young frogs belong to 8 out of 10 times.

Imitator- old usa nominant
Imitator- Todd Kelley
Imitator- Alex Sens
Imitator- Phil Tan line from Germany
Imitator-Cainarachi Valley Inibico
Intermedius-Uhern/Kelley/Tarlton
Intermedius-Tor Linbo
Intermedius-banded
Intermedius-Huallaga Valley

The last two groups were collected by a friend of mine, so I am absolutely certain they are not mixed. My bandeds throw some individuals with a six pack looking back, basically 3 broken bands down the middle by the yellow body color. I haven't had the CVI very long but they look more like the old nominant line than any of the others.

Just more to stir the pot
Eric