Dendroboard - View Single Post - Building a large spire out of blocks of eggcrate, what to do about the sides?
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 09:09 PM

Default Re: Building a large spire out of blocks of eggcrate, what to do about the sides?

Thanks for the info! Basalt structures like the Giant's Causeway were certainly part of what inspired me to do this, although I suspect that to make it look faithfully like a basalt structure would involve less greenery than I plan to put into this terrarium (I have like 10 different plants I'm waiting to restock at Glass Box Tropicals). That is a really cool idea, though! I'm going to pocket that away and probably use it for a smaller viv.

I took a pic of the structure as it stands right now, about 50% complete. This is what it looks like:

It's somewhat misleading, because there are going to be tall structures in the back that haven't been made yet, but it's the basic "isometric building" idea.

EDIT: Also, what should I use to cover the egg crate itself? I was thinking mosquito netting or hygrolon, although I'm not very familiar with the latter.

Last edited by Kinstrome; 04-28-2018 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Including extra question.