Re: Classroom 20 X-high Build Thread - Foaming it In
So on 11-2-17 I foamed in the background. I can tell you now that my inexperience with the foam in general did lead to a less than impressive result.
Bottom line, I didn't silicone the cork and fan ducktwork to the tank walls prior to foaming, and that proved to be a mistake. By simply using the foam, as it expanded it pushed things around and out of position, and it also created some bad voids where it puffed out, and away, from the background.
The end result is that things that were aligned flush to the top were no longer. Things that were tight to the back were now an inch or two out, costing some tankspace. So had I tacked the cork and ductwork in place with silicone before foaming, I would've had a better result.
Still, overall, I'm pretty happy with what I got. I used Great Stuff Pond & Stone on this build, and as the photos series shows, I did spray it down as suggested at the end to speed curing.