Dendroboard banner

6 month update

8K views 33 replies 16 participants last post by  Austindg13 
#1 ·
#2 ·
That’s gonna look amazing when those broms start pupping. What moss are you using? That’s one thing I have always struggled with. Have recently tried flame moss and that seems to be doing great just the growth is pretty much non existent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Just transplanted 7 pups, about 7 more ready in a couple months.
Moss is mini xmas, I also have been struggling with it but recently turned down the Evo to its lowest setting and just now starting to see positive results.
Can't wait to see it in a year from now

#10 ·
Instead of having the lights on the low setting, which uses only a few lights in the fixture, you should turn them on high and then try to do some light diffusing so that you can have more spread and not spot lights. Unless you like that look, I might try hanging my evos high above my tanks to see if it helps my yellow moss haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15 ·
My moss took a bit to get established under my Evo. It turned completely white for a while. I have mine on a ramp timer and it's dimmed to 60%. I like to pair the gradual ramp up and gradual dim with the 24/7s sunrise and sunset.

Nice tank!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

#23 ·
some more clustering with the bromeliads, the current distribution looks quite artificial, hopefully you will get a ton of cups from them and they cluster up naturally:D
Thank you kromar, and I have to agree. I've been cutting the pups and distributing them throughout the tank working on coverage. But at this point imma let them build nice thick clusters, will give off a better more natural look.

#28 ·
Is that a finnex and an evo quad for lighting? Just curious, as I'm about to start a decent sized build myself. Also, I've never seen someone tilt a lighting fixture like you did with what looks like the evo quad, but I like it, especially for a tank with the background being the primary location for plants. It's a really well done tank, and I'm going to use it as a reference for building my tank if you don't mind ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.