Dendroboard - View Single Post - Are you afraid of the large hadron collider?
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 01:24 AM

Default Re: Are you afraid of the large hadron collider?

It's an incredible endevour and I hope that they find all that they hope to and then some with the huge amounts of money that our goverment and many others have put into it! It's so hard to wrap my brain around anything in the field of physics! If I could have one selfish wish it would be that I could understand any of the theories that the great eggheads come up with (Quantum physics, String theory, multiple universe ect). The only theory that I begin to understand is the Chaos theory, look at Wall street!!! Suposedly the LHC is suposed to answer some of these. I have a subscription to Discover magazine and some of the articles they have (including the Hadron collider) just boggle me. Stephen Hawkings "A Brief History of Time" was supposed to be a 'Physics for Dummies' but I had a hell of a time with it. Anyway, I don't thing that the Hadron will create an 'Black Hole' that will suck the earth in like some of the protesters are yelling about.