Dendroboard banner

Epipedobates tricolor �Cielito� (WIKIRI)

21K views 44 replies 12 participants last post by  Bunsincunsin 
#1 ·
Epipedobates tricolor ‘Cielito’ (WIKIRI)

Just curious if anyone was able to get ahold of these from the last WIKIRI/U.E. import? I haven’t heard much talk about them around here. Gorgeous frogs.

Epipedobates tricolor ‘Cielito’

(Understory Enterprises Update)

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: Epipedobates tricolor ‘Cielito’ (WIKIRI)

The first batch is supposed to be coming in the February WIKIRI shipment. There were limited numbers, so not sure how many will be available. I am on the waitlist for 4 of them. They are awesome looking frogs.
I was under the impression that some were sent out in the last U.E. shipment (back in September?), but perhaps not. I am on the wait list as well, though I was told it is rather long.

#10 · (Edited)

Not the best pics, didn't want to disturb them too much. Here are 3 of the 4 I received, one frog is repeated.
Very nice! These look like they are well worth the wait. Thanks for sharing - and keep us updated on how they do for you.

Did Elaine happen to say how many they were expecting to get in on this last shipment?

#13 ·

Hey, sorry for the lack of updates. The frogs have been really shy since being moved to their viv. The frogs have been doing well, but head for cover as soon as I get close. Managed to get a couple crappy pics through the glass. Also found a surprise in their water dish today. There are only 2 tads, but it's a start.

Attachments

#15 ·

That's too bad about the other little guy, but it sounds like they're just as prolific as the other morphs of tricolor and anthonyi.

I'm setting up a 40 gallon for mine at the moment; I'm just waiting on substrate and glass for the top! Do you have any photos of how you have yours set up?

#17 ·

I picked up my little guys this morning! Absolutely stunning colors; I can't wait to see them mature. All three were out and about as I was leaving. I will try to get some more photos this weekend (and maybe even share some of the 40 gallon that I will be putting them in!).

#22 ·

Sounds like the ones that came in (based on your experience and the one other person I've heard from) are very young and small. Unfortunately, the November shipment is being pushed back until 2016 due to several issues with WIKIRI and UE, so for now I'll have to live vicariously through you. Post lots of updates!

#31 ·

As always Shaun, stunning work!

I'm always excited to see you updating your threads. Good luck with these guys.

Regards,
Richie

#34 ·

As always Shaun, stunning work!

I'm always excited to see you updating your threads. Good luck with these guys.

Regards,
Richie
Thanks, Richie!

Do you have a plant list for your tank? My last few tanks have been Ecuador or Peru "biotopes" and it would be interesting to see what plants others used for theirs.
Here is the current plant list for the 40 gallon pictured above; some things may get replaced as it all grows in and I do some more research. Obviously it’s not a perfect biotope as some things are being used as stand-in species for ones I can’t locate, and some aren’t necessarily found within the locale…

Asplundia sp. ‘Peru’
Columnea spathulata
Elaphoglossum peltatum
Masdevallia nidifica
Pearcea sp. ‘Ecuador’
Peperomia emarginella ‘Ecuador’
Peperomia cf. eburnea (sp. 'Ecuador')
Peperomia serpens ‘Ecuador’ (small leaf form)
Peperomia sp. ‘Ecuador’
Philodendron verrucosum
Philodendron sp. ‘Peru’
Piper sp. ‘Ecuador’

Ryan, I am curious about your biotopes as well – do you have a link to photos with information on them? What resources do you use to gather information for creating biotopes?

I have been meaning to post a write-up, that helps to cover plant selection pertaining to biotope enclosures, in the plant section, but I wasn’t sure if others would find it helpful as not many people discuss biotope construction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.