Dendroboard - View Single Post - My first Tank!
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Thread: My first Tank!
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2004, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Size and stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmius93
The tank is a 20gal long.

What I want to house in it is 1 Azueres. Is it ok to have a frog by its self, or does it need a companion? I figured that in the wild they are more territorial, and so maybe one frog alone would be fine. What do you think?
Will it need a cocohut?

I will keep everyone posted on any additions.
20 long
that thing looks huge to me. you did a great jod with the depth, and i think it would improve with more plants.

lonely frog
it would be my opinion to put two, but azureus are typically very territorial. i think you could try one until it is sexable, and then add him/her a mate at a later date. some one with more exp, could prolly elaborate on this for us.

coco hut
if you are not going to add any more plants i would say a hut or two is a definate. depending on how many hides you create with more planting it would be optional. i have found that with almost all animals (fish, frogs, toads, chameleons, geckos), the more hides are in the enclosure, the more you will be able to view your pet. it is much more comfortable for the herp to be in a place they feel "safe", which turns out to be healthier also (in most cases) by eliminating stress.

these are just my thoughts and there are WAY more knowledgable people on this board that may elaborate or tell you otherwise.

Landon