Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 05:02 PM
TWI/ASN

Default Re: Banded Intermedius Variability

I know this has been explained to me before, but I always forget and don't want to state something as fact if it is not. With the bandeds, they are not really a seperate population from the other more standard Intermedius? I mistaken called bandeds striped one time, and it was explained to me that the banded are just a variation on the regular Intermedius. The striped however were a true seperate population. Is this correct? If the banded is just a variation, are we not simply line breeding by not mixing them with standard Intermedius? Am I way off base.

Regardless, as I work with my Intermedius through ASN, the banded are a frog I would really like to help establish.

EDIT
OK, so now I am more confused. I was on Phil's site and found this, "Sometimes, standard intermedius will give offspring that look like banded intermedius but there is a clear difference in the belly pattern." If you look at the pictures there is a clear difference between the standard and a banded's belly. So I could use some clarification.

Last edited by Mywebbedtoes; 09-12-2008 at 05:15 PM. Reason: New Info