Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 03:07 PM

Default Few beginner questions

Hi,
I'm new to the board after doing lots of research on dart frogs and viv construction.
I am looking to get some darts, either D. leucomelas or D. tinctorius (Bumblebee and Dyeing incase they are wrong) and would like to know peoples opinions on which species would be best for me.
I would like a frog which is active, can be seen a lot of the time, doesn't have a call thats too loud (as in won't keep me awake every night like my green tree frogs), and i could have a go at breeding in time.
I would also like to know the size vivarium/terrarium i should use as a minimum for which ever species you think would suit me best as i have a 10 gallon spare and have a 20 gallon which will soon be spare that i could start making in to my dart home.

I have tree frogs, firebellies, newts and anoles so i'm not a beginner to keeping reptiles/amphibians but im new to darts so want to find out as much as i can.

Thanks in advance