Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 03:40 AM

Default Re: Crested Gecko Vivarium

Thanks you guys! Its been a lot of work and money, some of the ant plants cost more than $50 each, but I'm happy I chose to go with the setup I did and I'm excited to get him into the tank when things are done growing in and the temporary dart frog inhabitant has been moved out.

I plan on adding a hanging hide for him, probably a coconut or one of those straw hides for finches, to provide a nice little spot for him to really curl up in and sleep. Now that I've shaded that back rim and added those plants on the left side wall he has more places to sleep but I think he'd appreciate a nice hanging hide.

I'll post updates occasionally but there won't be any that often simply because the cage is done being built and the only thing that will change is in regards to the plants. Speaking of which the Philodendron 'wend imbe' I added to the left wall is doing nicely and the new Myrmephytum is already sending out new roots so hopefully those plants become fully attached soon. My Pachycentria glauca is growing more fruits and flowers and the 5 seeds I planted are doing really well. If my methods of propagating this plant continue to work well I could have some young plants for sale in the coming months.