Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 08:33 PM

Default Re: Crested Gecko Vivarium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dātokaeru56 View Post
Nearly all of them will do well in pots. The Fittonia, Philodendron wend-imbe, Ficus benjamina "too little", Spathiphyllum "petite", and the Pilea glauca will all do fine in pots. The ant plants that I have in the tank however won't really do well in pots unless you plant them in a special epiphytic plant potting mix. They're not plants that grow in soil so if you want to grow them in pots they have to be planted in a mix of orchid bark and other ingredients that provide good airflow and drainage. The person I bought them from cultivates them in pots but we both agree they do much better when planted epiphytically on a piece of wood or a cork bark background.

I really urge you to try bioactive with your Crestie. Mine isn't in this tank yet but the tub he is in now is bioactive and it works amazingly for him. Any poop, debris, or fallen food is quickly eaten up by the springtails and isopods. Its just a lot easier to manage.

Yeah I might eventually switch over what would be a safe potting mix for most of those plants.