Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 05:23 AM

Default Re: Crested Gecko Vivarium

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoram View Post
wow, this looks really amazing. I love how you incorporated all the branches to retain a natural look. I bet your crested geckos will absolutely love it in there.

Your tank has given me some inspiration for a vivarium I am currently building for some giant day geckos. One problem I am facing is day geckos, being diurnal, require some basking locations that can get up 90 degrees which will probably not be great for plants near the top of the enclosure. Not sure if crested geckos have similar issues.
Actually have the exact opposite issue. Crested Geckos are completely nocturnal and don't require high temperatures. Day time temps over 82*F can actually be fatal for them. Day time temps are best around 75*F-80*F and night time temps can fall as low as the mid 60*s.

The tank has grown in quite a bit more. My ant plants are doing really well and I'm hoping to get more. Once I can get my hands on some larger Philodendron wend-imbe specimens I'll get those into the tank to provide more cover. Want to try and add more leafy epiphytes to the bank wall of the tank that'll grow over the wood branches and provide some sleeping areas for my gecko. Hoping to have this tank ready for my gecko within the month.

This tank is only for one gecko btw. Its only an 18"x18"x24" so its not big enough for more than one gecko. Even if I had a bigger tank I wouldn't put more than one together as Crested Geckos tend fight one another, they're more solitary animals.

I'll probably post some updated pics and maybe another short video of the tank sometime soon.