Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Thread: Adding UVB
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016, 05:51 AM

Default Adding UVB

36" model now hanging above tank with provided hanging kit, all lights on. I have a little rats nest of cords next to the tank (temporary ) and I need to trim the hanging wire down now too, just making sure I like the height first.

The only thing extra I had to buy extra in order to hang the fixture was two 75 LB drywall anchors and two eye hooks In this pic the 20 gallon next to the 65 has the T5HO turned off. I will get some better pictures of each tank with the lights on all of the different settings and post them.

Here is the 65 with T5HO off and white, red, & blue LEDs on.

Again, so far I think these lights are really nice!! They have a lot of options (T5HO on its own power source, blue LEDs on their own switch, and red/white on a white only/red+white toggle switch. Very Nice! Also I am going to check and see if I can find some of the newer "full spectrum" led's out there ( actually just high in blue and high in red, no green but the 6500k white should have that covered) and replace the 620nm reds with them. The 620's are just soldered on, I could easily replace some 6500k with some warm white if I wanted to also. Best part is if I don't like it, or screw it up, I can buy a whole new LED module for only $20!

I think these are well designed for a little DIY not that you really need to change anything though, but a little DIY is always fun. I'll need to take a few electrical measurements before I start buying any other LEDs though.

Overall a great out of the box fixture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to austin For This Useful Post:
jerl77 (06-12-2016)