Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Thread: Adding UVB
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 03:06 PM

Default Adding UVB

After a few days I have decided that I really like these lights, for the right size tank. I think it will be fine for my 18x18x24 Zoo Med and my 20 high, my 65 gallon, I need to try the next size up. I could probably hang one of these fixtures above it with the hanging wire that is included. I originally bought the 30" and am returning it for the 36". What I really like about these is that it's an all in one lighting unit and the red diodes are actually substantial at .5 watts, each light/color is independently able to be turned on and off (T5HO is actually on its own power source separate from the LED's) and the led modules are easily changeable if any crap out. Overall I think these are really nice.

20 gal

You can see how I altered my top to let some UVB through (large mesh not FF proof... I only run the UVB for about 1-2 hrs a day.

18x18x24

Similar configuration for lid as 20 gallon.

65 gallon

30" was too dim/not long enough, I will try the 36" and repost. Again, tank lid is designed with screen for UVB penetration.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by austin; 06-06-2016 at 04:06 PM.