Dendroboard - View Single Post - My Mixed Tank Vlog.
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 03:20 PM

Based on the tad that I did pull, which now has 3 legs out . I assume those left in the tank would be emerging as froglets soon. I seeded the tank pretty heavy with springtails/Isopods last week. In an attempt to avoid the adults wiping out the micro fauna, I fed flies pretty heavy and added about 2" of fresh leaf litter. The leaf litter will also serve as cover for the froglets.

One observation I've noticed since the additation of heavy leaf litter is that the Varadero have become flighty and skittish. Almost everytime I pass by the tank they dart under the leaf litter in an attempt to escape ( this was never the case before). They also now spend 90% of their time on the ground. I rarely see them off the ground except in the evenings when they head up to their bromeliad for the night . I'll try to get a video of this, might be worth setting up my GoPro on timelapse for a few hours . It's in my race car. I'll get it next weekend , so this time next week I'll have footage.

No change in behavior with the Auratus (they still give zero forks).