Dendroboard - View Single Post - My Mixed Tank Vlog.
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 12:37 PM

Default Re: My Mixed Tank Vlog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_7aXVjKRMw

Last night i was up pretty late building a tank for a friend . I noticed that the frogs in the Mixed Tank were starting to make their way to their usually sleeping spots . The 1.1 Varadero pair always sleep in this one Neoregelia "Dark Star" bromeliad . The Auratus (I might have said Azureus in the video. It's been a long week , please excuse me ). But yea , the Auratus usually sleep in the leaf litter. I actually don't know where they sleep really, but it's not in the bromeliads .

I also covered my feeding station in the tank and why I think it's important to have one or more in a tank . In my experience it not only makes your frogs bold, but it acts as a timed-release feeding source for the times when I'm away from home for a few days . I usually set up a new one a week or so prior to leaving and feed heavy with flies . They will eat, then get full. The uneaten flies will lay eggs on whatever is in the feeding station. It can be any fruit you have in your house, or some fruit fly media. The eggs then hatch out and maggots are present . The maggots that they don't eat , then pupate and hatch as flies . All of which are a welcomed treat . Granted they won't be supplemented with anything via a dusting, but your frogs won't starve while you're away. It also helps keep the flies in the tank and not in my wife's glass wine while she relaxes and watches she shows. This can end a relationship, don't be that guy/girl.

Anyway, enjoy and as usual comments and questions welcomed.

~Jon