Dendroboard - View Single Post - My Mixed Tank Vlog.
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 10:16 PM

Default Re: My Mixed Tank Vlog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogTim View Post
I like how you hid the substrate and background with the natural looking pattern. A nice alternative to the standard black contact paper or leaving the substrate and false bottom visible.

I love nepenthes (the pitcher plant) and it looks like you have a ventricosa x alata hybrid. Just a warning, when these things get growing they grow quickly and get big and bushy. I got one a little smaller than yours from Home Depot and within a year it was a 3ft round bush. They will outgrow and block the light in vivariums and while they can be cut back, they tend to drop their pitchers when you do this.

My nepenthes now live next to the vivariums and are a conversation piece of their own. I use Cape Sundews planted in film canisters for fungus gnat control inside the tanks.

Thanks for posting and keep us updated on how the frogs interact with each other.
Thanks for the tips on the pitcher. We have monthly frogger meets here in NYC and i usually trim tanks prior to meets and give away cuttings. So i dont mind it growing out. I like them . The cover was some extra craft material i had from a project at work. I got it from scrapbook.com. They have a few options, this one was "bark".