Dendroboard banner

Tinc Sexing Request

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  flyangler18 
#1 ·
I think I have two females, but I just wanted to check. Both are about a year and a half old.

Tinc #1

Tinc #2

See less See more
#7 ·
It's not so easy to sex tincs by toe pads (especially in pictures).
When I saw a first picture, I thought it might be a male. But in the third picture, the same frog looks like having smaller toe pads ...
Toe pads give you a good indication of frogs sex but it is not always right.
I have Azue male with toe pads not any bigger than females, though I never see a female with bigger toe pads.
If I remember correctly, elmoisfive has posted pictures of his tincs explaining how you can tell male or female by the look of their back (a slope/angle of their back to vent area??). You might want to look for that thread.
Good luck.

#11 ·
If im not mistaken, don't tinc females fight? I have three unsexed froglets that im raising individually to avoid this but couldn't you use these behaviors (or lack thereof) as an indicator of sex in tincs? Im curious to know if anyone has been able to do this.

#12 ·
This is generally true if there is a male involved that the two females are fighting over. In the case of just two females and no present male you may not see any fighting. I saw brief agression once months ago, but never again. The two get a long well but do not seem to seek eachother out, another indication that they are of the same sex.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.