Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 10-03-2015, 12:55 AM

Default Re: 72G Bowfront Paludarium Build

So I decided I didn't like the false bottom land area. I just didn't have enough water depth in the tank to keep any good plants or fish. I was able to get three of the original PVC pillars out. The 4th one will just get hidden. It was foamed tight to the back wall.

11-pillars_removed.jpg

I rearranged all the driftwood pieces and added 25 more pounds of coarse river gravel, then added the extra water depth. I think the tank has somewhere between 35 and 40 gal. in it now. Much better.

12-more_water.jpg

I went and bought a few starter plants to help me get this tank going. I think the grass is Dwarf Sagittaria, a couple cardinal plants, and some baby tears.

13-first_plants.jpg

Now I'm just waiting for the tank to cycle. I tried some black skirt tetras, but they died within a few days of putting them in. I have literally zero experience with fish tanks. I have always been a reptile kind of guy.

I have an old 48" T8 reptile light and a 48" 12W LED light on the tank right now. I don't think it's going to be enough light for the plants. I have an old HID setup that I am going to make a hood for. I just need to replace the 400W bulb with something a little less intense.